Forensic Building Engineers
EMA provides expert forensic building engineers to our clients
An outstanding application of our expertise is Forensic Engineering and Building Damage Assessment.
Highly experienced structural engineers with forensic engineering experience and engineering staff are available for investigation, diagnosis, assessment and remediation advice covering, buildings and structures for damage of all types. We have experience of providing damage assessment and forensic inspections after major hurricanes including Andrew, Charlie, Katrina & Rita using our building engineers.
We are trusted by the architects, property owners, builders, insurers and loss adjusters to establish the root cause of building and structural failures and to determine cost effective remedial works.
- Structural / Building Assessments, Inspections and Forensic Investigations by forensic building engineers.
- Investigation and damage assessment of all types of buildings and structures, retaining walls, pavements, water tanks and swimming pools.
- Expert Witness and Reporting service for legal proceedings and court hearings.
- Building and Structural Defects and Damage Causation investigation and reporting.
- Cause of damage determination and repair specification for the insurance industry.
- Remediation advice and disaster assessment following fire, storm, earthquake and flood events.
- Pre-purchase building inspections for residential, commercial and industrial properties.
- Preventative risk assessments.
- Building maintenance appraisals and recommendations.
- Dilapidation surveys prior/post construction.
- Building movement and underpinning.
- Infrastructure damage and emergency management plans (buildings, bridges and other structures).
- General building inspections using building engineers, providing structural and building advice to property owners.
- Our professional engineers have acted as expert witnesses for litigation support, working with attorneys and insurance companies on disputes and claims. For example, we assess design and as-built documents and test materials in-house to determine whether the claim stems from a design, material or construction defect. This knowledge is cross-referenced when we consult on design and materials issues and perform observations during and after construction projects — helping our clients avoid problems before they start.Serving architects, engineers, general contractors, project managers, developers, owner’s agents, attorneys and insurance companies, AET understands the need for discovering the root of the problem and providing options to resolve the issue in a timely and cost-effective way.